Dieu Phap Temple organizes various activities and events throughout the year.
- Prayers for peace and happiness, memorial prayers, prayers for the deceased, etc.
- Dharma classes, lectures, and talks and
discussions by resident monks and visiting monks and scholars.
- Meditation Sessions and Retreats
- Repentance Ceremony (Sam Hoi), usually held on the new and full moon
- Taking the Eight Precepts Retreats. An all-day event once a month
that includes chants, sitting and walking meditation, and dharma discourse.
- Celebrations for various holidays
and festivals such as Buddha's Birthday (Le Phat Dan), Ullambana (Le Vu Lan), and Lunar New Year (Tet). Buddha's Birthday and Le Vu Lan are are big celebrations / festivals which includes chants, speeches, performances, and vegetarian
- Other Buddhist holidays such as Buddha's Enlightenment Day (Le duc Phat Thich Ca Mau Ni Thanh Dao), Avalokiteshvara Birhtday (Le Via duc Bo Tat Quan The Am), etc.
- Other activities... visit this site regularly for information on other activities and events.
Regular on-going weekly activities at Dieu Phap Temple:
Monday to Friday
Sutra recitation, dharma talk and discussion (generally in Vietnamese)
7:00 p.m. Meditation, dharma talk and discussion (in English and Vietnamese)
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Vietnamese Buddhist Youth (GDPT) activities.
Activities include religious service, Buddhist doctrine and history classes, and Vietnamese language and culture classes.
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Religious services for everyone.
Prayers, sutras recitation and dharma discourse (in English and Vietnamese)
Prayers for peace and happiness, memorial prayers, prayers for the deceased, etc.